Chemistry home - General information
Welcome to the Department of Chemistry
The chemistry department at the University of Ottawa is one of the strongest in Canada.
We offer three and four year Bachelor's degrees with a variety of options including a strong Co-op program. Our students have received Co-op placements in top research institutions, university labs and research intensive companies throughout Canada, the US and Europe.
Chemistry home - Recent news
- The department welcomes Stephen Newman to the department. Prof. Newman’s research interest are in transition metal catalysis, organic synthesis, sustainability and flow chemistry.
- uOttawa Chemistry tied for #2 ranking in Canada, also in top 100 Chemistry Departments Worldwide according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Derek Pratt has been awarded a Canada Research Chair in Free Radical Chemistry.
- Robert Ben and Derek Pratt receive funding from Green Centre Canada to explore potential of discoveries for greener antifreeze, better product protection.
- Tom Baker receives the Canadian Green Chemistry and Engineering Award.